Littleneck clams in a delicious sherry broth with shallots, garlic, and of course, grilled sourdough bread for dipping.Chefs Mowgli and Craig Rivard
Ingredients for the Littleneck Clams
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 3 shallots, sliced thin
- 1 cup Amontillado Sherry
- 1/2 cup clam broth or clam juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 32 each Littleneck clams, washed and scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons aromatic ﬁnishing extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chives, minced
- 2 thick slices crunchy sourdough bread
To make the Littleneck Clams
Sweat the garlic and shallots in the olive oil in a pot large enough to ﬁt all of the clams. Season with thyme, salt and pepper.
Once soft, add the sherry to the pot and reduce slightly. Add the clam broth. Bring to a boil and add the clams. Simmer the clams covered until all open.
Remove the clams and reduce the broth and adjust the seasoning. Add the chives to the broth. Ladle the broth over the clams and drizzle the ﬁnishing olive oil.
Serve with a grilled sourdough bread.